Personal Development Resources
This post may contain affiliate links.
This blog is about helping you grow through self awareness and personal development, and my goal is to continue to bring you tools to help you in your efforts.
Here are some personal development tools that I hope you will find useful.
Scroll for my personal development FREEBIES, book recommendation, podcasts, and more.
When you subscribe, you’ll also get a book reference log as part of your welcome package. A simple little tool to log your favorite book quotes, notes, etc.
Click here to read some tips on how to get the most out of your personal development books.
Best Personal Development Books
High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
Brendon Burchard conducted the largest worldwide study of high performers and discovered how extraordinary people become that way.
What I mostly enjoy about it is the continuous tips to get things done. In addition, there are prompting questions to evaluate yourself and even space for notes. With this one, there isn’t much need to have a separate notebook, but it still helps.
He’s also created a High Performance Planner. I’ve never been too big on planners, but this is more than that, this is more of a life evaluation planner.
The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
A positive psychology researcher and author, Shawn Achor tells us that what we’ve been taught about success leading to happiness is wrong. In fact, the opposite is true; happiness creates success. He shares the 7 principles of success that fuel happiness.
The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle
This is a great tool for mindfulness. It’s human nature to go along with your thoughts and believe anything your mind will tell you. But this book will help you understand how to cope with your thoughts, forgiveness, regret and the like.
The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann
If you’re the kind of person who thinks that actors and sports figures make a ridiculous amount of money, read this book. This is a delightful revelation of the opposite of what we were taught about success and being a go-getter. So if you believe that the secret to a successful life and career is to take-take-take, you must read this.
Books for Couples to Improve Your Relationship
Personal development books are more than focusing only on yourself. They also help when trying to improve relationships or simply to prepare yourself to be ready for a future relationship.
Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
This is a great book for partners to read together. But even if your better half won’t read it, it’ll help you understand your loved one better, and how he or she function.
I think anyone who has ever had a relationship will quickly understand and agree with the author.
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
If you have any relationship with any other human in the world, you’ll want to read this. The 5 Love Languages will help you understand how we, as people, perceive love, and how we can cater to one another’s needs.
This is such a good way to meet your loved one’s needs, whether it’s a parent, child, friend, or significant other.
The Love Dare by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick
This book will challenge your growth individually and as a couple. It’s a good way to grow your relationship because you work on it together.
You’ll also tend to give each other grace as you work through it because you value what the other person is doing, and you see that they’re trying just as hard as you are.
I listen to more than the podcasts on this list, but for personal development, this is the ultimate list.
- THE BRENDON SHOW by Brendon Burchard, the world’s leading high performance coach and researcher: Episodes range from achieving success and joy to confidence, from facing fear and rejection to increasing productivity; all things high performance.
- THE JORDAN HARBINGER SHOW by Jordan Harbinger, a networking guru and interviewer extraordinaire: He interviews high profile experts in various fields, to share their knowledge and drop wisdom on topics ranging from business entrepreneurs to social anxiety, and everything in between and beyond.
- ON PURPOSE by Jay Shetty, a prior monk with the goal of “making wisdom go viral:” Great human insight from Jay, as well as expert interviews.
- TED TALKS DAILY & TED-ED: TED is Technology, Entertainment and Design: Ideas worth spreading is the slogan and any topic is the rule, as long as the speeches, which are held at TED conferences, do not exceed 18 minutes.
- KWIK BRAIN by Jim Kwik: A brilliant brain coach (YES–BRAIN COACH!) who teaches folks how to improve brain performance, and also interviews some incredible people to share their wisdom with the rest of the world.
- BREAKTHROUGH and THE TONY ROBBINS PODCAST, by Tony Robbins: OK…so I cheated here…Breakthrough is actually a mobile app by Robbins, and there’s also the podcast. Tony is a motivational speaker and life coach. He has a deep understanding of the human condition, and he challenges people to a mind switch, even on the spot at his events.